Make Your Web Design Mom-Friendly

mom-friendly-websites

 

Some designers receive a lot of criticisms from a lot of different people when designing a specific website.

Developers want them to make the site easier to code, sales wants them to focus on getting more guests and new customers, the marketing team wants them to pack in plenty of keywords so as to upgrade the SEO, as well as the trendiest social media tools to make the brand look “cool”. Lastly, the CEO of course, wants them to make it as cheap as possible.

With all of these groups demanding different directives, it somehow result to customers and guests getting lost in the shuffle. Sometimes the experience even become confusing, bloated, and in conflict with the optimum goal of the website.

Rather than constantly debating about how the website should look, it’s best to shut out these voices and focus more on the one person who can really help you base a design that’s full of purpose; and that would be Mom.

Why, you ask? It’s because Mom doesn’t care about the ROI of your website. Most Moms won’t even bother to look if you have the latest social apps embedded on your front page. Most of all, Mom doesn’t care whether it’s “easy” to code what it is you’re designing, because Mom only cares about one thing: using the website.

If it’s not easy enough for most elders and parents to use, well then, it’s really not much of a success. So the next time you design a website, your mantra should be focused on “What Would Mom Do”? Or simply, WWMD.

For most leading brands, Moms are the ideals persona to envision when designing the UI and UX of the webpage. Designing for Mom will help you cast away all the unnecessary clutter, and focus more on your brand’s goals, as well as the essence of what you’re trying to accomplish.

Mom doesn’t need any complexities for something to be useful. Mom wants things to be practical and easy to use. That’s how websites should function too.

The next time you need to design a functional and easy-to-use website, all you need to do is think of Mom. After all, just as the saying goes; Mother knows best.

Web Design Methods

Related Blog

How To Make A Successful Website

August 26, 2016

1) Be sure that your website looks great and that it functions properly: There’s nothing more discouraging than having a cluttered website. After all, it is your 24/7 salesperson who does not sleep, doesn’t need any holiday break and is constantly available should your clients need them. However, just like the human counterpart, your website […]

Why All Web Designers Need A Marketing Plan

October 25, 2017

When you started your web design business, you were probably thrilled about the idea of creating something you love each day. But in reality, you’ll quickly realise that you’d only be designing for about 30% of the time, and the other 70% will significantly involve admin and marketing works. Most creative people feel that a […]

Top Things You Need To Remove From Your Website

September 29, 2017

  If your website’s a little dull and boring— don’t worry, you’re not the only one. Today, we’re going to tackle some of the things that you immediately need to remove from your website. If your site was designed a few years back, there’s probably a list of things on there that you’ll do better […]

Understanding The Importance Of Invisible Web Design

February 24, 2016

Designs are not always about creating great arts, but it is also about finding inexplicable arts. An invisible design, on the other hand, is not just about hidden meanings and transparencies to the design projects, but it is also about creating a fully functional user-oriented project. Invisibility In Design Designs are what you see visually, […]

1 2