Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera – these are just some of the leading web browsers for Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems that enables your website to be accessed on the Internet. While their function is the same, they all work differently, which means your website may not perform or look in the same way across all these browsers.
That’s why it’s so important to ensure that your website works perfectly no matter which browser your visitors will use.
The Compatibility Test
Before you launch your website online, please run it under a series of browser compatibility test. This is to preview your site on all browsers, including their previous versions to see how all the elements look and perform. You’d also be able to check the visual aspect and functionality of the site style, structure, and navigation.
You should also check these factors during the browser compatibility test:
- Accessibility of your site in different browser versions
- Speed of the site during low and high traffic levels
- Search engine optimization
- Links to ensure none are broken
- Function of your website to be certain there are no errors
- Mobile compatibility across all geographic
- E-commerce and shopping cart functionality
- Appearance of the design layout, including text, fonts and images, in different screen size combinations
Why is this crucial
According to some research, site visitors are less likely to stay on a certain website or do business with it if the site is not functioning properly or does not look right. Browser compatibility problems can cause issues like bad navigation, inaccessibility, slow loading pages, site errors and all major reasons for potential clients to leave the site.
Most importantly, when your website works seamlessly with all browsers, your visitors will benefit from a more inviting and smooth site experience that encourages them to keep browsing and interact with your site. When that happens, you will then begin realizing benefits that boost your return on investment and bottom line.
View Our Web Development Methods